Excellence Reporter: Shifu Jerry, what is the meaning of life?
Shifu Jerry Erickson: This is a question I believe we have all contemplated on many, many times throughout our lives. As for myself, I have studied and traveled extensively to find answers about life, spirituality, comparative religion, healing sciences, martial arts and how others live in the world etc. I have had the pleasure of training and studying with some highly spiritual individuals, some who’s names carry much fame and respect in our world. From my study, here is what I have found in my 66 years of living in this world.
I feel that life is a constant struggle to find a balance within this cosmic play of good and evil, karma, cause and effect, negative and proactive, etc. It falls also within our souls desire to have a better connection with God, higher power, universe or whatever you wish to call that source of power.
For myself and hopefully everyone, if we hope to achieve this strong balance, there is a paradigm or system of thinking that can help bring this about. I have put this together from the many spiritual masters, professors, and instructors I have had over the years. It is very easy to say, yet hard to do. But then again, this is the challenge for us to achieve.
- To be first is to be last, and to be last is to be first…
- We must learn to lose everything in order for us to gain everything.
- Do not cling to anything in this world, because nothing is permanent.
- We must find what our true passion in this life is and then find a way to make a living out of doing just that.
- To cultivate or to create happiness, we must first learn to love, like and to forgive our own selves. We can then be able do the same for others.
- Be humble, be compassionate, help others who may be in more need than yourself.
- Receive for the self with the purpose of sharing what you have received.
- Live fully within each precious moment of our live’s.
- We must let go of our powerful negative ego’s and all of the things that we are so desperately afraid to lose in order for us to move forward in a more proactive way.
It is during these very powerful moments of awakening when we are able to experience inner peace and happiness with a closer connection to the infinite endless,”God” of all things…
There are no secrets to life. The answers we have been so desperately searching for have always been hidden within our own question!
Peace and blessings to all…
~Shifu Jerry Erickson
Director of Midwest Shaolin Kung Fu and Tai Chi Association / Midwest Shaolin Internal Qigong Healing Arts Association
35th Generation Shaolin Temple Warrior Disciple
Fifty plus years of martial arts experience
Holistic Healing, Health and Wellness Practitioner
Resides in Hollister, Missouri
Born and raised in Hermosa Beach, California
Married to Amy Erickson
Copyright © 2019 Excellence Reporter
Categories: Awakening, Dao/Tao, Elders, Excellence, Health & Wellness, Life
Leave a Reply