Whether it’s looking younger, losing weight, getting rich or finding the meaning of life, we’re all in love with the quick fix. Who among us doesn’t want someone else to give us the answers to life’s biggest questions and challenges in fewer words than a Twitter post? The more we look outside ourselves for those answers, the further away we get from our own truth. We end up living our lives through the lens of credentialed experts, spiritual gurus, the media, and yes, even celebrities!
While you can learn valuable lessons from others, the meaning of life is not a one-size-fits-all answer. The answer lies within your unique journey. If you were a tribeswoman in Liberia, the meaning of your life might be finding clean water to drink every day. If you were a parent in an Iraq war zone, it might be to keep your children alive. Only you can decide what the meaning of your life is moment by moment, day by day, week by week, year by year.
For me, the meaning of life is being connected, harmonious and aligned with each and every relationship, starting with the self. When you are connected to your true self, you know yourself to be divine. And, to be divine is to be part of universal consciousness. Your relationship with self affects every other relationship you have in life from the casual encounter with a stranger on the street, to the life-long love affair with your partner, to the friendship with your pet, to the water you drink.
We are not here on earth to exist in a vacuum. Energetically, we are connected to every human being, animal, plant and molecule vibrating in the entire universe. Therefore, having a positive impact on these relationships would naturally give our life meaning. We have hundreds of opportunities to align ourselves harmoniously with these relationships every day through our thoughts, words and actions. We can choose kindness and love to create harmony, which enhances our life’s meaning, or we can choose hate and fear to create dissonance, which disrupts our life’s meaning.
Ultimately, the answer to the meaning of life is an inside job, but sometimes you need a quickie to kick start your internal engines! Here are 33 tweetable sound bites on the meaning of life collected from like-minded friends and family. I hope they inspire you to find your own answers.
- To experience all things – good and bad, and seek out the good.
- To learn how to be a divine being in physical form.
- To learn that our true nature is love.
- To learn, explore and discover.
- To be good and do good.
- To cultivate family, friendships and good health.
- To share your life with someone who has similar values and goals.
- To attain peace, spirituality and gratitude.
- To coexist with every single cell on this earth, and its natural cycle of evolution.
- To find meaning in life, whatever that is for you.
- To find the answer in the question.
- To connect you to your divine self.
- To know we are the meaning, and appreciate that.
- To enjoy all of the moments along the way, not just the big ones.
- To walk a spiritual path and seek enlightenment.
- To use earth’s resources sparingly.
- To achieve whatever true happiness means to you.
- To live and breathe.
- To transform the human race to create a more meaningful world.
- To have a series of goals that change over time and with circumstances.
- To find happiness.
- To be with family and those who love you for who you are.
- To take risks and never settle for the norm.
- To be better than the day before.
- To make a positive impact on others.
- To love and be loved, in the forms of creation and connection.
- To pursue fulfillment and embrace personal connections.
- To create and share joy.
- To discover and utilize your unique talents in partnership with love.
- To listen to the whispers within your soul to find your calling, passion or purpose.
- To return to your unique blueprint that contains your specific gifts to the world.
- To stand in your truth, and help others do the same.
- To be kind and loving, no matter what.
~Debbie Gisonni is a business consultant, executive coach, author and speaker who inspires people to make simple changes that radically improve their self-awareness, well-being and success. She has embodied the spirit of innovation and reinvention throughout her career with leadership and C-Suite positions in corporate and nonprofit industries across various industries.
Debbie’s nonfiction books are The Goddess of Happiness: A Down-to-Earth Guide for Heavenly Balance and Bliss and Vita’s Will: Real Life Lessons about Life, Death & Moving On. Her first novel, Note to Self: Love, was released in 2013 with an accompanying screenplay. She has addressed audiences from corporate executives to women’s groups to teen girls.
Debbie holds a B.S. in Business Administration, certifications in Board Education, Integrative Health Coaching and Hypnotherapy, and a CA Real Estate License. Originally from The Bronx, New York, Debbie lives in Silicon Valley, California, with her husband and huskies. Her passions include food, fashion, fitness, funky music, films, dogs, dancing, cooking and anything Italian!
Copyright © 2016 Excellence Reporter